Monday, August 15, 2005

Multi-coloured winged insects covered in stomach acids.....

Well, as promised I have returned.

It was shaping up to be a bleak weekend when I woke up on Saturday morning. I had to work 10 am to 10 pm (a nice change from my 10 pm Saturday to 10 am Sunday shift). And I knew I would be bored out of my mind.

I woke up too damned early that morning, at about 6:30 am. Do I know why? Not a fucking clue! So there I am bored out of my skull and it's only 7 am.

The day was not starting out well.

My grandfather drove me in to work (Definitely one benifit in living with him) and I settled in for my nice long shift. I had taken movies to watch, books to read, and was planning on doing a lot of blog-surfing.

I decided to go into the Flirt website, and see what people were talking about in there.It actually turned out to be an amusing conversation with multiple people. Sort of like an orgy of words.

Finally, the day started brightening up. My special friend came online. She was at work, and as bored as I was, but lucky her she had work to keep her busy. All I could do was stare at the phone for an inordinately obscene amount of time and wait for it to ring.

We exchanged brief words throughout the day. Mostly witty banter, making each other laugh as usual.

At the same time I was carrying on 2 conversations in Flirt, and 2 other MSN conversations. On MSN, 1 with Gabe's girlfriend (it's kind of odd to chat with her, especially considering what happened, but she has a quick wit and is a pleasure to chat with) and another with this very interesting Argentine woman. Both pleasureable conversations, but the person I really wanted to talk to was my special friend.

The day went by slowly, but surely. I did absolutely nothing all day except chat and surf. To be honest there was work to be done, but I forgot about doing it. After a while, our online chat ended as she was finished work and had to go home.

In the early evening, my friend came back online, and somehow I gathered the nerve to ask her to call me. We ended up talking for about 40 minutes. I so enjoy talking to her. It's comfortable, and reassuring.

I felt that it had been a good work day.

Now we arrive at Sunday. A day which I never thought would come. Not that Sunday doesn't come every week, because as far as I know it does, unless everyone's playing a really bad joke on me and the week is only 6 days long, and haven't told me about it. That's just cruel. Please stop?

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Well Sunday. What can I say? You all know the story. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy chats with girl, boy chats with girl some more, and more and more. That's about how it was, and I was sure it would always be like that. But at one point my friend, came online not to chat but because she needed to vent.

She was having some problems, of which there is no need for me to get into here, and she needed to vent a bit. She wasn't looking for help, but I decided to offer my assistance. Obviously she rejected my assistance, at first. I was insistent. And finally she accepted.

I felt such joy that I will be able to help her. And I could tell that she was relieved.

The turning point came not long after.

She came back online, and we started chatting again. We were just kidding around, and at one point I made a joking comment about trying to pick up one of my neighbours (I really don't know any of my neighbours, but it was a funny thing to say).

And she said "You're not allowed to pick anyone up"

Obviously I asked her why, and she responded "because you're mine"

WTF??????????????

huh?

what?

She finally told me, after some prodding, and a little bit of kidding, that she came to a realization during our conversation. What realization you may ask?

She got butterflies. That's it. She got butterflies in her tummy, and she finally realized she's in love with me, and wants to be with me. Obviously her situation is a blockade to this, but I have faith.

She's in love with me, and I'm in love with her.

She's opened her heart to me.

And I'm going to see her on Wednesday.

I just love those butterflies.

No comments: