Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cleanliness?

So, I've been back at my uncle's place for almost a week.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that my uncle and my grandfather have never heard of a mop, or a broom or a fucking vacuum cleaner!!!!!

Since my grandmother has left, these two men have to basically fend for themselves, and neither one of them likes to clean!

I thought this would change after a day or two, maybe they were tired. But no, the plates just kept on piling up, the floors were nasty, and the clothes in the hamper were screaming bloody torture.

Now many of you may be wondering, why I just didn't dive in and clean everything. Well, I do have to admit I was tired. I've been working constantly, and on the weekends I've been doing fairly long and tiring night shifts. So I was pretty much burnt out.

But, by yesterday, the house had gotten to a point where not even the rotting corpse of a defecated on sewer rat would live there, I got pissed off and had it out with my uncle and my grandfather.

I told them, "Look we're all living here so we're all gonna have to clean up. I'll do it this one time alone, because it's obvious you two won't, but this is gonna change and cleaning will be done." I cleaned the house up, took me until 1 am, but it got done.

I know we're all tired, but damn! It was nasty in there. I work, my uncle works, and my grandpa stays at home cooking and watching TV, so we're all going to pitch in.

I soooo hate pig stys. Maybe I was trained too well by the women in my life, or maybe I just like cleanliness. Either way, I'm not gonna be living in one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh!!! I'm a slob, guess you don't like me anymore eh LOL

KalPDG said...

Not at all ;)

I just don't like these slobs

LOL