Monday, August 01, 2005

Women!

What is it about women that drives us men insane???

Sex? Love? Desire? Tits? Asses?

I don't have the answer. I'm just as mystified as any other man out there. And any man who says he has the answer, is either clinically insane, or lying, or both.

Yes, we do want sex. Yes, in some cases, we do want love. We do desire women (at least some guys do).

Physicality? Definitely, but it's not the end all and be all. Women's physical attributes are definitely something wonderful, but their emotional attributes, personality traits, that's what make women truly desireable.

There is one woman who drives me nuts. She makes me feel crazy, she makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she hurts me, she makes me feel good about myself. She does all these things and so much more. But I still don't get it.

I know what I want. She may think I want somethinge else, but strangely enough, sex is secondary, or even tertiary in my desires.

I enjoy our conversations, even when they're about nothing. I want to talk to her constantly, but sometimes she doesn't want to or straight out can't.

She sometimes ignores me, and backs off almost completely, this confuses me to no end, but I also understand it completely. She's scared and I know this. She's my friend, and I know this. I would like more, I do admit that completely, and even if I haven't told her that recently, she knows it.

She tells me the most beautiful things about herself. She thinks that these things are embarrassing or dumb, but I see how these things have shaped the woman she is.

At times I foolishly think that there is more to her words. I see possibilities where I know there can be none. I see emotional attachment, where I know there to be none. Her words, her laughter, her hesitations, her "hmmm's" they speak volumes to me, but these volumes mean either nothing or everything.

What do I understand? Absolutely nothing. I can't. It's impossible to truly know the heart of another. I can only know what she tells me. I can rely only on that, and on my hunches.

At the end of the day, I'm still a confused, scared, embarrassed guy, standing near the wall at a dance, hoping some girl will see him and say "Hi, wanna dance?"

Aren't we all?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

does she read your blog ? I think if she did... maybe she wouldn't be so confused.

Sounds like you really care about her.

Anonymous said...

She does read his blog. She reads it everyday sometimes more. She really cares for him also but there is more to this story. Which is why she is confused. In a perfect world love would be so easy, there wouldn't be any obstacles in the way. Unfortunately this world is far from perfect and there are many obstacles.