Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Plentiful Lives???

Do any of us remember how we used to survive without computers?????

I know that some of us are old enough to remember a time when there wasn't a PC in every home, when internet access was a non-existent phrase.

How about TV's? How did we ever survive without TV's????????? I mean, I always had a TV in my home, when I was a kid growing up we had at least 2 or 3. But I was chatting with my papa on MSN and he actually mentioned how he didn't even watch a TV show until he was 17.

WTF???????????????????????

Ok, granted, my papa grew up on a farm in South America. They were actually one of the poor families, but just knowing that boggles the mind!

I get up every morning at 5:50 am, so I can have my morning shower, have a cold glass of juice for breakfast, and then I'm on the computer. I check my e-mail, chat with my papa, read news articles, read blogs, chat with friends, download music, and other things. All on the blessed computer.

I haven't looked at a newspaper in over a year, I barely watch TV anymore, I use the phone, but that's only to talk with my son and 1 specific friend (who I chat with as well), and I don't even think of buying CD's anymore.

There have been a couple of times since I returned to Canada that I have had to go without a computer, and at those times I've actually been reduced to twiddling my thumbs! ME!! Twiddling my thumbs!

I tried watching TV, tried reading books, hell, I even tried listening to the radio, but I got bored of those things minutes after I started!

And I'm not alone in this, I know of dozens, if not hundreds, of others who live their lives around the All-Mighty PC. I'm not talking about people who need them for work, but just people who surf, read, and have fun on computers.

Believe me, if computers were to suddenly disappear from the general populous, there would be mayhem. Riots in the streets. Public executions. Martial law would ensue. Insanity would be the rule of the world.

Or at least that's how I'd feel.

:)

No comments: