Monday, August 08, 2005

I dream in colour

I had this amazingly vivid dream last night.

I can actually remember every single step that I took in this dream, and that's kind of disturbing considering that at one point I had a conversation about genetics with a siamese cat.

Either way, the most important part of the dream came about halfway through. I had taken a Go Bus from home to another city. I'm not going to go into details of names or locations, because that would begin to compromise some other people's privacy. Suffice to say that I found myself in the city where a certain someone lives.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing there, I hadn't planned on going there, but there I was. So for some reason I started walking around and I went to buy CD's, clothes and cat food (the genetic conversation made the cat hungry).

All of a sudden I bumped into someone. I really didn't expect to see her there, even though I was in her city. In my dream she's taller than I am. In real life this is not so, she's actually a tiny bit shorter than I am, but she wasn't as beautiful in my dream as she is in reality. Even so, all of a sudden I found myself short of breath, trying to find the right words to say.

I'm fairly literate, and my spelling is better than most. Luckily when I'm on the computer I'm also fairly quick-witted, humourous and I usually know what to say at the right time. In face to face situations this isn't so. I get quiet, I get shy, I stumble over my words, I embarass the hell out of myself.

Even though my dream wasn't a real situation, and has not happened, and I actually did realize that it was a dream (the whole cat thing gave it away) I was stumbling through my words. The amazing thing was that she didn't care. In my dream she saw the same person I can be, the person that I really am, the person who types to her, not the bumbling Jack Tripper imitating fool.

In that, I know my dream is exactly like reality. I see her soul, and her soul is a beautiful, caring, loving thing.

And I'd like to think she sees mine.

No comments: