Wednesday, August 17, 2005

On top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's...

I met the woman of my dreams.

Literally.

I was nervous as hell this morning when I woke up at 4:30 am.

Yup, 4:30 am.

I had a long trip ahead of me, for a meeting that would be brief, but I didn't care. Even 5 minutes with her would have been a joyous eternity.

With all the bus trips and train trips the trip to her hometown took 4 hours. But once I was well underway, my nerves started to calm down.

Once I arrived in her hometown, I decided that the first thing I should do was figure out where the hell I was in relation to her, location-wise. I bought a map. I know, I know, very touristy thing to do, but heck I was a tourist! Once I had the map I found out that I was pretty damned far-away from her, so I started walking. It's a good thing I got there early!

After about an hour of walking I finally caught a cab (I hadn't up until this point because I was looking for a convenience store that carried the specific brand of gum she asked me to buy her). I also bought her a single rose. It's her favourite flower, and I really wanted to buy it for her.

I gave the cabbie the address, and off we went.

Lucky me, I gave him the wrong address. But as luck would have it, I was only off by half a block, and I saw the correct place to go.

So once I got there I sat and waited.

I was starting to get nervous again, mostly because I started doubting that I was in the right place. So every 5 minutes I'd get up, check the address and then sit back down again. Add to this that when I first sat down I fell on my ass and almost had the whole bench fall on me, and you can imagine how uptight I was. Either way, I wanted to be sitting there when she came out, but just my goddamned fucking luck, the minute that she came out, I was checking the address, so she almost left and didn't see me!

But I ran back and knocked on the window of her door. I think she was surprised to see me.

The hug I gave her felt soooooooooo good. And she's sooooooo beautiful I could barely breathe.

She asked me to get into her car and we went off to have a quick lunch.

We were kind of indecisive, mostly because we were both nervous. And I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She's so incredibly beautiful.

We went to Subway and ordered a couple of wraps, and then went back to the car. I just sat there and looked at her, wasn't even thinking of eating.

Her nerves started really showing through when she started rifling through her wallet, trying to avoid looking at me.

I couldn't help it, I kissed her, and I was hers. There was no more fighting it (at least not for me), no more doubts, no more fears.

She tastes like sweet canteloupe. What an amazing woman!

We talked for a bit, I kissed her again. We talked some more, I held her hand. We talked a little more, and then I kissed her again. She had to go back to work.

We drove back to work, and I hugged her goodbye. I wanted to spend more time with her, but we all have responsibilities. (I shirked mine today by taking the day off, but it was my first day off since I started working, so I think I deserved it)

And then I made my way back to the bus station and came back home. The trip home was uneventful.

But I couldn't stop smiling, I still can't.

No comments: