Thursday, June 16, 2005

Today, tomorrow, always.....

Sometimes in our lives we're faced with decisions. These decisions define not only our moments, but our days and our futures. Not only must we be careful of the decisions we make, but we must be careful of who our decisions affect.

Last night a situation arose with a friend. I will be vague, because I do want to respect this person's privacy.

My friend was extremely distraught over a situation that arose in their life, and because of this was confused as to their possibilities of ultimate happiness.

I am no psychologist, or psychiatrist. Hell, sometimes I'm not even a good typist. So I have no right to judge my friend's choices and/or actions. But obviously I do try to keep my friend's best interests in mind, as I see them. So instead of giving my friend options and choices that would confuse them even more, I explained that I did understand my friend's situation, and would endeavour to give my full support, regardless. I do hope my friend understood. But in the spirit of blogging, I will write what I was trying to say last night, in this manner if my friend reads this, they will know that their comfort and happiness is paramount to me.

Anything that my friend needs to say, I will listen without reservation and/or judgement. My friend needs make no choices, unless they feel comfortable with those choices, and whatever those choices may ultimately be, I will support them, without hesitation.

Sometimes, we're faced with decisions. I have no doubt in my mind, in supporting and trying to help my friend, I have made the right one, for the present and the future.

Good Luck, my friend.

No comments: