Monday, June 20, 2005

It's like a flushing toilet bowl

I've been kinda depressed these last few days. The whole Father's day thing affected me more than I thought. Add to that that I was finally able to talk to my ex-brother-in-law about my Sister being 5 months pregnant. He didn't know and he found out from one of her friends. She had asked me not to tell him. I hated not telling him, he's like the brother I never had. But my sister asked me for a favour, and despite the distance, there's no way I'd ever not say no to my baby sister.

I was finally able to talk to him about it, and he understood why I didn't tell him, but I could tell he was hurt. It was like being between a rock and a guillotine. But it was my sister. I know what I did was right.

So to show my loyalty to him, I spent all weekend with him. Got away from my grandparents and my uncle for a couple of days, and just hung out with Gabe, had some beers, had some vodka coolers, just chilled, had fun. I cooked for him, nothing grand, but he knew I was trying to make up for not telling him about my sis.

So we had a pretty good time, it was relaxing.

I thought everything was gonna be fine. At least with Gabe it is fine.

I get to work this morning, and I figure "I had a good weekend, patched things up with Gabe, it was nice".

Then a while ago, I started chatting with my dad on MSN. My cousin died. I have alot of cousins, all over North and South America, the benefit of my Dad having a lot of brothers and sisters. I only met her 2 or 3 times, but it was my cousin. She died a couple of days ago. She was 9, and died of Leukemia. That hit me like a freight train. I really wasn't expecting that.

I told BG about it, and she understood. I wish I could talk to my other friend about it, but I don't think I will. She'll probably read it here. If she does, fine.

I guess Garfield was right, Mondays suck.

1 comment:

KalPDG said...

Hester my friend, no sabes cuanto aprecio tus comentarios. Son muy ciertos e inspirados. No sos deprimente, sos realista. Y por el tema de los tildes y las ñ podes configurar tu teclado para otro idioma, por ejemplo el español

Un abrazo