Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Joy

To be happy is a feeling I wish on all. A certain person has made me joyous this evening. We spent an hour talking and it was a comfortable conversation. We talked a little about everything.

Some about how we felt, some about purchases, an inordinately odd amount of time on her one-sided conversations with other drivers (that's for you hun ;) ) but mostly just feeling each other's presence. Revelling in each other's presence, even if it is only telephonic. The time on the phone just flows, letting the passing minutes fly past with the speed of seconds, but at the same time enjoying every second as if it were an eternity. Hearing her voice tonight made me aware that anticipation does make the heart grow fonder. Most think it's absence, but that just makes it sadder. In my case, those simple 62 minutes were amazing.

It's very comforting to be able to talk to someone and there are no expectations, only hopes and desires. You fall into a rhythm of listening to each other's voice and thinking how nice it would be to talk to this person face to face.

I know that this is going someplace spectacular. But even if I'm wrong (strange, but it happens!!) and it doesn't I do know that I have a friend for life and beyond.

No comments: