Sunday, June 12, 2005

Leaves on the Wind

I keep looking out the window, and I see them. Leaves floating off trees, flying all over the place, led by the wind to places these leaves never expected to be. Fate is like that, taking us places we never expected to be.

I talked to Cowgirl today. Wow. These past two months of chatting have culminated into a single moment when light shone in my life in ways that I never expected it would again. Now all of you reading will probably take that the wrong way, but nothing untoward happened. It was a wonderful conversation. She asked me what I wanted, and boy oh boy was that a hard one. I don't mean that I didn't know the answer to it, it's just that opening your heart and soul like that is scary.

I told her. I want a chance.

A chance for what you may ask? Well, a chance to strive for the infinite, I guess.

And you know what? Against all odds, flying in the face of adversity and going against all logic, she said I have that chance. And now I'm flying. Screw floating on the wind and being led by fate, I'm flying through the wind like Superman racing to save Lois Lane (I don't see myself as Superman, and I don't see Cowgirl as Lois Lane, but I love the imagery). She's given me the chance to take control of destiny, she's given us a chance.

I don't think my birthday tomorrow will be as bad as I thought. I might even enjoy myself.

No comments: