Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A slight breeze

I feel a slight breeze coming in through the open window of my apartment. After the thunderstorm yesterday and the storm warnings today, it's very refreshing, and it matches my mood. Mellow, calm, happy.

I honestly can't believe how happy I've been in the last few days. I'm not talking joyous bliss or anything like that, but a nice glowy feeling. It's been a long time since I felt anything similar.

Actually I can pinpoint the last time I felt this, It was my son's 1st birthday. We had setup a party in Montevideo, the capital city of Uruguay, where we were living at the time. It was a nice birthday party a lot of kids, a lot of friends. And my son, wow! He was a trooper. Stayed awake for every single picture we took of him, when we ran out of film (yes we were using film and not digital cams), he conked right out. Just being there with him was sooo great.

And now I'm feeling similar happiness. The only thing that would make this perfect would be if he were with me. I miss him alot.

Sometimes the weather sucks, but then when the aftermath is so pleasant, it may actually be worth going through that shitty weather. It's a nice breeze.

No comments: