Friday, June 17, 2005

Being a dad

I talked to my ex today. She MSN'd me and asked me to call so I could talk to my son. He misses me. I miss him.

Father's day on Sunday won't be so bad since in Uruguay Father's day is held in July, but talking to him today just killed me. He asked me to do animal noises for him. Luckily I'm a walking zoo :)

I spent about 20 minutes just doing an elephant noise over and over for him. By the time I got to a horse neighing I was crying. All I want is to be with him. All of my other emotional goings on aside. I just wanna be with him.

After I finished a zooful of noises, he said "Talk to mom" and went off to play. My ex then proceeded to tell me how much he misses me. I don't even think she knew how badly I was hurting. She told me taht when he goes for his nap, he stops beside his bed, looks at the picture of me that he has there, gives it a kiss and says "I miss Papa". I wanted to die right then and there.

I will be with him again. There is no force in the universe that can stop a parent from being with his/her child once you set your mind to it.

I dare you Universe!! TRY AND STOP ME!

2 comments:

KalPDG said...

Thanks for the well wishes Hester. Por suerte, no lo pase mal. En Uruguay el Dia del padre lo festejamos en Julio, por lo tanto no sufri tanto. En Julio va ser otro tema.

Un abrazo grande amiga

KalPDG said...

Thank you Firefly, not only for your comment, but for your compassion.