Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Time flies when you're falling.....down the rabbit hole

5 and a half hours.

5 and a half hours.

5 and a half hours!!

I like history, but I don't know enough of the details of history to know for sure, but I'm sure lives have been changed, governments have shifted and a whole bunch of other things have happened in that time span.

But for me 5 and a half hours will always be an incredibly beautiful moment that I spent on the phone last night, talking with a certain someone, an amazing time that, if it were up to me, I would have extended indefinitely.

I felt as if I were in high school again, talking to that high school crush (you know the one, the one that you couldn't stop thinking about, the one you wanted to write amazingly corny and sappy poetry about). Don't get me wrong we are both quite aware of our ages, life experiences, responsibilities and limitations, but last night, oh last night, the possibilities seemed endless!

I said something to her last night, that is still ringing in my head. We were talking about romantic movies (kind of fit the situation) and I said something to the effect that the corny movie lines were the ones that stuck in our head, but it wasn't because they were corny but because they were the truest ones. And at the end of the day all the romantic movies, poems, songs and plays were all saying basically the same thing "I love you, will you love me?"

I'm just sooooo giddy today :)

I've had a total of 50 minutes of sleep, but I feel as if I could go one on one with a Mack Truck. I have never felt more alive, colours have never been brighter, even my burnt coffee tasted like sweet ambrosia this morning!

I feel as if I could smile all day, and I have been, and I will!

1 comment:

KalPDG said...

:)

El amor es un afrodisiaco en si mismo, no?