Monday, July 11, 2005

My wonderful and not so wonderful, but painful weekend

Well here I am again, blogging when I had decided I wouldn't blog for a while.

I was all set to move on Friday, and I did (no need to worry about that), when I had a conversation with a certain someone. This certain someone takes up such a huge part of my heart that I'm surprised there's any space left for blood flow.

This talk wasn't one of the good ones, unfortunately. She was quite confused about many things, even her feelings towards me. So she decided that we shouldn't talk for a while, so she would have time to sort things out in her head.

Suffice it to say that this didn't go down very well.

I have always been a very "on the sidelines" kind of guy, but when I knew what I felt for her, I made a conscious choice to stop being that kind of guy. I decided to go for what I wanted, while at the same time respecting her wishes. So I asked her not to break off communication with me. To be honest I didn't ask her, I kind of pleaded, which is fairly embarassing. But she was of strong will, which I completely respect, and stuck to her guns. So I decided to respect her wishes. It hurt, but at the end of the day, that's all I can do.

So, I moved, went to Gabe's place, and settled in. That night we arranged with a couple of friends to go up to a cottage. Had a great time at the cottage, but I was kind of torn because it was really close to my significant other's workplace.

I soooo wanted to go see her, but she had asked me not to, so I decided to respect what she had asked of me. But I called her (I know, I know, but I am human and weak).

I talked to her for maybe five minutes, and lo and behold, she had been waiting for me. Women confuse me.

I had a good time at the cottage, but I got into a fight with one of the guys that was there. He was piss drunk and had no idea what he was saying, so I took it easy on him, but one cannot let oneself get stepped on. So I set him straight.

In no way am I a violent man, quite the contrary, I am very very peaceful, but if you get needled all the time, eventually you're gonna get tired of it. I got tired of it.

But on to nicer things. Saturday afternoon, we went to the beach to rest a bit and enjoy the wonderful weather, and we all got into a volleyball game. Oh boy! I hadn't had that much fun in months. I was actually playing pretty well, but because my level of excersise these past few months has been less than zero, so I got tired fairly quickly, but I forged on on pure adrenaline!

At one point Gabe hurt his left knee and could barely walk (his knee is now the size of a watermelon and he's gonna get it x-rayed just in case). Myself I did fairly well until yesterday. I was playing frisbee and I pulled a muscle, pretty badly. I figure I strained myself playing volleyball and it caught up to me later. So now I'm limping.

It hurts like hell!

Oh, well, at least I had a fairly good time. I got pretty drunk on Woody's Ice (Raspberry and Orange). But I do miss that special someone.

I really really do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)