Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Everyone can bounce back, it's just a matter of finding the trampoline

I went to sleep with a huge grin on my face last night.

No, it wasn't because of what you people are thinking! :)

But I was happy because of a girl, I saw her last night. I was so giddy the entire time, I could barely stop shaking. The funny thing is she couldn't see me.

We didn't meet in person, but she did cam me. How odd a phrase, to cam someone, to connect visually and show yourself, in a sense to expose yourself to someone over an indeterminate distance. And also displaying a sense of trust.

I saw her and I saw angels floating on heavenly music. She was amazing. She had on this cute little "Canada" baseball cap, which just accentuated her gorgeous features. She has such an amazing smile, and seeing her eyes was like seeing one of the Wonders of the World (everything you know about them just doesn't measure up to the reality), I was literally wide-mouthed with how gorgeous her eyes were last night. She promised me 30 seconds of cam time, but ended up giving me more than 10 minutes. I couldn't stop commenting on how amazing she looked.

I've seen her before, about 3 months ago, but honestly my memory of her face, although clear and crystalline, couldn't compare to seeing the beauty that she truly is.

After we disconnected, I wished her a good night and I went to bed with such a smile on my face as to end all smiles.

Then this morning I was thinking about her, while I was sitting at my wonderful cubicle (I really do love my job, I just criticize it because it's what everyone expects of me), and hoping she would come online at lunch, I was thinking about how amazing she looked last night. At about 1:15 she came online and the first thing I noticed was that she felt like crap (I'm no psychic, as much as I'd like to be, she had a message in her MSN display name saying that she felt like crap). I felt sooooo bad for her, and actually supported her idea of staying away from the computer for a while (she thought she was sitting in front of the PC too much). All the while my heart was cracking, because it would mean that we wouldn't have our daily communication, which I soooo cherish. But I know that for the people you care about you have to make sacrifices, even if it means not being able to contact them.

I was resigned to it.

Then this afternoon, when I got home I was feeling kind of sad, I got an email from my ex-wife saying that my son wanted to talk to me. So I called him, and we talked and I laughed. He was watching Gremlins and running around my sister's place. He kept asking me to do Gizmo's voice or the Gremlin's voice, which I would obviously do for him. Then he told me how he was Batman, and that he wanted a Batmobile. He made me sooooo happy (he always makes me happy).

Then to top it off, I chatted a bit with that certain someone again, and she was feeling better, so that made me happy too.

There are times in our lives when we feel we're flying, then others when we feel we're crashing. I know this, I just didn't understand it until recently. I'm gonna borrow a wonderful line from Batman Begins (my son would be proud of me)

"Why do we fall? We fall so we can learn to pick ourselves up".

No comments: