Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A choice I've made

I was inspired by a regrettably short conversation I had with my best friend Cowgirl last night.

I've made a choice.

I'm going to break it off with Betty.

Why am I going to do this you may ask?

Simple, or maybe not so simple. I want to be with someone who desires to be with me. I want to be with someone who isn't hesitant about our relationship. I want to be with someone who isn't bothered by the fact that I may be 2 years younger or older than she is (in Betty's case, I'm two years younger, which in my opinion is nothing), someone who won't want to leave me if I've grown a goatee.

This does not mean that I am going for Veronica. To be honest, I don't even know if I have a chance with her. But it does mean that I will try to find someone who is right for me. Someone who wants to be with me as much as I want to be with her.

This is a simple matter of me looking for what I truly want, and not conforming to what comes at me first. Is this a selfish point of view? Perhaps, perhaps not. But aren't we all selfish when it comes to looking for love?

Once we're in love, and in a relationship, then the selfishness ends. Must end. But up until then, we search for the person we want to be with, not just the first one that shows up.

I guess I'll have to search for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are making the right choice.