Friday, September 23, 2005

It's all ending...

I was called into a meeting with my boss a couple of days ago.

Apparently the company is losing it's major account and by mid-October we're all going to be out of a job.

To be honest, this wasn't a surprise to most of us here. In the last two months there have been at least 4 people who have resigned to move on to better things. The client obviously saw this and decided to pack up. They're moving to Texas.

So this comes as a bit of providence since I was already planning on leaving around that time to go back to Uruguay.

So here we are, all preparing our C.V.'s

I'm not too worried about myself, since I know what I'm going to be doing, but my colleagues' futures are of concern to me. They're all starting the job-hunt already, and with no immediate prospects, the situation is dismal.

So now I'm worried about them as well as myself.

Not to mention the added pressure of the economic situation ahead of me (I think I remember saying that Money is a pain in the ass).

Let's see if we can add some more on to my plate: Today's my dad's birthday, Monday is Frankie's birthday (God, do I miss him), Tuesday is my Grandfather's birthday. So I'm going to miss all of those. My sister is soon to have her baby, and I want to buy her the Crib (have to figure out not only how I'm going to pay for that, but also how the hell I'm going to send it down there). Have to pay for my phone bill here (I have almost $450 to pay).

Not to mention the fact that I do want to buy some stuff for Frankie before I go.

So, I've got a lot to figure out and pay for.

Oh, and I have to get a hair cut and my leg hurts pretty bad.

:( hmmmmmmph

1 comment:

RPD said...

I think we knew that place was going under like what 4 months ago. I got out when the time allowed, I'm not one to go down with the ship!! Good luke in Uruguay, gotta love those Spanish women, the way they talk English like truckers.