Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Old McDonald had a farm...with a huge pool

Frankie and I went swimming on Saturday.

We had an absolute blast. To be honest that's the first time we've gone swimming in at least 2 years. And he took to it just like his old man!

I used to be an avid swimmer in my youth. Oh woe is me, my days of youth are long past! When I was in High School, I was part of the Swim Team. I was actually really good, since I could hold my breath for the 50m freestyle swim, gaining a second or two that everyone else would lose during the race.

My son apparently loves the water too! When we got there he was hyped and just jumped in, luckily I was already in the water, because we would have had problems since he didn't have his floater on yet.

We put his floater on, and he just started jumping in and out, no fear! He also let go of me at one point and just started trying to kick his way through the water, but he was vertical. I finally told him to make as if he were flying, and he got the hang of it.

We were dead tired by the time we were finished. I took him to his home and I went home as well.

I had planned to meet up with Alejandra, but that fizzled out. Apparently she had to take care of her kids. I don't mind that at all.

So I just slept Saturday night.

Sunday morning, I woke up to the phone ringing. It was Frankie :D

He wanted me to go pick him up and take him to the zoo.

So that's exactly what I did!

It was open this time, thankfully, and we had a great time. The zoo here isn't huge, but it has a nice variety of animals. Lions, tigers, jaguars, pumas, an elephant, hyenas, monkeys, birds, even some seals. We had a great time, and Frankie especially loved the Lion and the seals.

He kept imitating them all through our visit.

I had a seriously great time with him.

On another note, I got the call from Zonamerica. They actually called on Friday, but my mom gave me the message on Sunday.

So yesterday morning, I called, and I've got the interview with the Texans tomorrow at 2pm.

I'm gonna call in sick here at work, so that I won't miss this incredible opportunity.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, you don't need it though you will get the job!!! I know all!!