Friday, April 14, 2006

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm happy as all holy hell!

Night before last I got a call at my mom's place, and I checked the messages! It was from Zonamerica. They wanted me to call them as soon as possible, even though it was 10:30 pm I still called. Ended up talking to the Human Resources Manager.

She had called to offer me the job!! :D

She explained all the benefits, the pay, and the trip.

I spent close to an hour with her on the phone, and she told me that I'd have to confirm via email the next day. Which I obviously did!

Now I just have to quit my other pathetic job.

Because I know how much of an ass my current boss is, I'm gonna have to bullshit him as to why I'm leaving, since if I tell him I'm leaving for a better job (which pays about double what he pays me) he might very well try and not pay me the money he owes me.

They say the best lies incorporate swatches of the truth in them, so I'm gonna go next week to him and tell him that I have to travel to the US (this is the truth). I'm gonna tell him that my father needs me to go with him on business for at least 2 months (the lie).

This covers my ass in several ways. I would be leaving for family obligations (so he can't say no), and the time period would mean that I can't come back to his offices.

So with my new job, I'm starting on May 8th, I have orientation at the Montevideo offices that morning, and that evening I'm travelling to Dallas, TX for 2 weeks for training. This is a huge opportunity for me!

I decided that I'm not going to be telling Frankie that I'm leaving, since it would probably drive him nuts. So, since I'm going to be able to call him every night, I'm just not going to tell him.

So, I've got about a week left in this dead-end job, and then I'm in preps for my trip :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats hun! I knew you'd get it.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I miss you