Friday, April 07, 2006

What an amazing opportunity

I went to the job interview on Wednesday, and it went amazingly well!

I got there about 20 minutes early, just in case. My father always said, better to be an hour early than a minute late for anything.

I waited a few minutes, and then lo and behold I see one of my best friends, Martin (aka Magnus).

We chatted for a few minutes, laughing and generally catching up. And then my interviewer showed up. Apparently, my chatting with a friend caused a good impression.

The interview went great. I started chatting with her about my work and life experience, when she interrupted me and said that she wanted to get her colleagues in on it via telephone conference. No problem with me :D

Between all three of them they explained the job position to me. Basically I'd be general manager of an entire department.

They asked me some pretty in-depth questions as to how I would deal with certain situations. Then they did something unexpected.

They pulled out an itinerary for a trip to Dallas, Texas!

If I get the job they're going to be sending me to Texas for two weeks for my training. Everything Paid!

They're going to be giving me a laptop, phone, access stuff and ID's. And they're taking me to a baseball game!!!!!!

Wow, I was soooo shocked.

Personally I think the interview went amazingly well, and I think I got it, but they did tell me that they would be contacting me next week with the confirmation or denial.

I do hope they call!

No comments: