Thursday, February 23, 2006

Target Sales

I have to try to make 3 sales a day.

That's what my boss told me yesterday in a meeting. 3 sales per day is the objective, and we've been averaging 1 or 2 sales per day.

The campaign we're working on is sales for an online pharmaceutical company in the US. My first 9 days on the job I made 19 sales, and considering that I had never worked in telemarketing before, that was a pretty decent level. But, as of yesterday I've only made 27 sales.

Why haven't I made our target sales? I could blame the annoying bitch who sits next to me, to whom I had to explain 5 times (YES! 5 times!!!) how to use the mouse. I could blame the shitty database we have, which is already repeating names. I could blame my constant preocupation with finding a new place to live. But, no I won't. I'm to blame, noone else. I've been slacking. I have to admit that to myself and here, even if I won't admit it anywhere else. Instead of pushing the sales, I've been lazy. I guess I don't feel comfortable selling.

I know the psychology of sales fairly well, and I'm fairly convincing with people. But even so I haven't really been trying.

So last night after getting home. I lay in bed for maybe 2 hours just staring at the ceiling. I focused my mind, and told myself that today I will be making 7 sales, and that will be my minimum for the last few days of this month.

This is not a goal, this is a fact.

I will leave aside my laziness, my lack of focus, and make these 7 sales per day, so that my boss will know that I can do this. I will do this.

There is no doubt in my mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can do it!