Friday, February 17, 2006

An overwhelming feeling of being in an oven...

The heat here is overbearing.

Temperature wise it's not that hot for a Uruguayan summer, only 32º C, but the humidity is at 98% and that's just killer.

I decided to walk to work today, to save on the bus fare, but also to get a bit of excercise. Boy o boy, was that a bad idea!

5 minutes after I left my grandparent's I was drenched in sweat, and considering that it's about a 25 minute walk to work, I was seriously soaked.

The walk over is a nice one, especially on a nice sunny day like this one, but the humidity ruins the enjoyment.

Arriving at work, at the very least there was a nice breeze, which helped. But once I got into the office, holy shit!

It felt at least 5º hotter in the office than it did outside.

Now, here I am sitting in front of my computer, trying to get some sales (I wanna get at least 4 more sales today before I leave), and talking to Veronica.

I just hope I don't melt away before my shift ends.

No comments: