Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My heart as it seems to be...

Love is a many splendoured thing, especially for those who are in love.

We walk through our lives with only one hope. To enjoy the company of someone who enjoy's our company. Granted, there are some people in the world who want to be alone, but it is my firm belief that this desire for solitude, is born out of harshness lived. I may be wrong, and I may not be.

I currently find myself in an interesting situation. For the past two or three weeks I have been dating a woman I met here in Uruguay. We get along fairly well, and the sex is good (yes, I'm actually having sex, hell hath frozen over). But I've become attracted to a woman at work. She's a few years younger than I am, and we're just getting to know each other, so I don't know where it could lead, if anywhere. But confusion abounds.

I cannot in all honesty say that I am in love, with either one. That would be foolish of me. But the attraction I feel for the woman at work, whom I will call Veronica, is quite strong. And to be honest, it is a different kind of attraction than what I feel for the woman I've been dating (let's call her Betty).

(I seem to be following a strange Archie Comics theme here)

With Betty, the attraction is solely physical. While with Veronica, I don't know what kind of attraction it is, since I'm just getting to know her.

I'm on the horns of a dillemna. And as my father would say "Watch how you sit on them".

Any thoughts out there?

Either way, I figure the best way to understand love, and the possibility of falling in love again is to know more about how I love. So following the desire to learn more about myself in the matter of love, I followed the suggestion of a friend, and went to Blogthings and decided to find out what my Candy Heart would say. I wasn't too surprised.

Now I leave it for all of you to see.

Your Candy Heart Says "First Kiss"
You're a true romantic who brings an innocent hope to each new relationship.You see the good in every person you date, and you relish each step of falling in love.
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a romantic dinner your sweetie cooks for you
Your flirting style: friendly and sweet
What turns you off: cynics who don't believe in romance
Why you're hot: you always keep the romance alive

No comments: