Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm a horrible blogger

Since I got to Uruguay I've been a horrible blogger.

No, really, I have been.

Stop trying to convince me otherwise!

NO, REALLY!

Oh wait, that was my invisible friend trying to convince me.

What is for sure is that this past month here in Uruguay has been completely insane.

When I arrived here in Montevideo, I had decided to try and fight for the woman I love. But I was hurting her by doing that. So I have since decided I will no longer pursue her. She's happy, or at least she looks like she is. I don't think that this guy she's with is the right guy for her, but I do have to respect that she's happy. So, she and I will only be acquaintances and parents of a wonderful boy.

And me?

I'll search for my happiness.

To be honest, even though not being with her was painful, in the past 3 weeks the pain has all but disappeared. It's actually quite relaxing not to have to justify my every move with her, not to have her hovering over me watching every single move I make, not to have her mistrusting me.

So, I will be single. Maybe forever, maybe not. There is a woman that is quite interesting, that I've known for quite a while, but we're friends. I have no pretensions of being in a relationship now. I'm just going to enjoy life as much as I can, especially by spending time with Frankie.

Frankie. What a boy!

He tells me how much he loves me every 5 minutes. We spend a lot of time together, he sleeps over my place every now and then, and we have a great time. Anyone who sees him and spends time with him would automatically say that he's a clone of me. And I agree wholeheartedly.

Since being here, I have started working with an international company as a Call Center Supervisor. Pretty much doing exactly the same thing I was doing while I was in Canada! Love the job, seriously.

I have moved into a little apartment (my budget won't allow for more, yet). Luckily I already had a lot of furniture and appliances, since I just went and picked up almost everything that my ex-wife had. The stuff that I had bought went with me, and we divided up the things that were gifts. In the matter of the gifts, I got the Fridge, the TV, the Couches, my desk and the coffee maker. I kept my bed (although to be honest, I'm thinking of burning it, for reasons any of you may imagine), the stove was mine, as was the DVD player. So all I really need is a Dining room table, and maybe a microwave oven (she got the microwave in the split).

Unfortunately, I still don't have a phone or internet connection at my new place, but there are cyber cafés all over the place, but they aren't that cheap.

All things considered, it's not that bad here. It's a beautiful country, but I guess I'm lonely. I haven't hooked up with any of my old friend from down here, that girl I mentioned, we pretty much play phone tag alot. And I still haven't been able to get used to the time difference between Montevideo and Toronto so that I can chat with my best friend, or Steve or Ken, or even my cousins. Right now here, it's almost 11 am, but over there it's 8 am. That kind of time difference is really fucking up my friendships.

I know everything will settle in though.

I hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are a horrible blogger, no one was disagreeing with that comment! ;)

Yes everything will settle soon.

I miss you hun! :)

Anonymous said...

For crying out loud can you update your damn blog please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sasha said...

oh we forgive you. :)

being single is probably for you. don't worry too much... life is too beautiful to waste on what might have beens. :)

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall someone saying they were going to post something today!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm