Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I miss my friend

You never really know what you have until you lose it.

Someone told me that once, and I never really believed it, until I lived it a dozen different ways this year.

While I was in Canada, I missed my son like crazy, cried myself to sleep most nights thinking of him. I missed my ex-wife (I was missing what our marriage had been, not what it had actually become), I missed being in Uruguay and my friends.

But now I'm here in Uruguay and I lost someone again. My best friend.

She and I met under the strangest circumstances, became friends under weirder ones, and even developed feelings for each other, despite our personal situations. And now that I'm here, I miss her like crazy.

We've barely chatted in month and a half that I've been here. I haven't seen her at all (not even through webcams) except for some HNT pics. And I miss her.

I had the best friend I could ever have imagined having while I was in Canada. I could talk to her about anything and everything. My ex, Frankie, work, women, family problems, desires, dreams, pain. Anything and everything.

She is the best person I have ever known.

And you know what? Despite her personal situations, I should have brought her with me!

Yes I should have. But now she's thousands of kilometers away.

What did I have? The bestest friend. What did I lose? Maybe everything.

How can I fix this?

2 comments:

KalPDG said...

No, I don't think there's any real possibilities of her moving here. And it would be selfish of me to ask it of her. I just have to be around more, so we can enjoy our long distance friendship

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww I'm crying now!! But yes you should have!!!!!!!!!!

I love you!